UK Health & Beauty Market 2017 – Current and Future Plans
"The UK Health & Beauty Market 2017-2022", report offers comprehensive insight and analysis of the market and categories (including forecasts up to 2022), the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes. It provides in-depth analysis of the following: the hot issues impacting the market (beauty innovations, latest ingredients, online pureplays and pharmacy funding cuts), strategies for success, market and category sizes and forecasts, retailer profiles, retailer market shares, consumer data and future outlook.
The health & beauty market is forecast to grow by 21.1% over the next five years, in part driven by inflation which is set to reach 2.1% in 2017 – the highest level since 2000. While some shoppers will rein in self treating and gifting purchases, the essential nature of the sector protects spend from being diverted elsewhere. Boots is forecast to remain as the market leader in 2017, though its share continues to drop owing to further price pressure from general merchandisers and discounters as well as store environment upgrades at the department stores.
– Stores remain the primary purchase channel, with 93.5% of sector shoppers buying instore. However, spend continues to shift online, with sales forecast to grow 65.9% out to 2022, to reach 11.6% of the market.
– Skincare is forecast to be the fastest growing subsector out to 2022, with much of this due to product innovation in both the mass and premium markets. We expect skin preparation products such as masks, serums and primers to outperform.
– The health & beauty market remains very female dominated, with 78.0% of females buying into the category in the past year, compared to 41.5% of males. Retailers need to better exploit males’ interest in health, wellness and fitness by encouraging them to buy into other categories such as skincare.
Reasons to buy
– Identify the retailers which are best placed to take advantage of ingredient and beauty innovation trends for 2017/18 to understand the competition in the market and inform new product development.
– Understand what The Body Shop needs to do to build its market share and regain relevance under its new owner, Natura Cosméticos, and what this means for other established retailers in the market.
– Recognise the impact of the online pureplays such as feelunique, Cult Beauty, Lookfantastic as well as ASOS and Amazon in the health & beauty market to adapt your online strategy, and understand how to compete against these retailers.
– Understand the impact of community pharmacy funding cuts on pharmacy retailing and how it will benefit retailers, particularly leaders, in the health & beauty market.
– Identify the drivers in the market such as the health & wellness trend and continued rise of bloggers, celebrities and fitness personalities which are broadening the appeal of health products, and understand which categories are performing well to aid range planning.
Table of Content: Key Points
The hot issues
What people buy
Where people shop
How people shop
Why people shop
Get in touch:
+1 646 845 9349 / +44 208 133 9349
email us here
Source: EIN Presswire